Paying your premiums for health and other benefits
An important note for eligible retirees under age 65 who use our health benefits.
- Starting September 1, the Alliant Energy Benefits Portal will be the new way for you to access your health plan information and pay your premiums.
- (Important note: Now through August 31, our current portal, BenefitsNow, is in read-only mode during the transition. That means you will not be able to pay your premiums online until the new portal is live on September 1. If you mail your premium payments, please do not send them to BenefitsNow or to Alliant Energy. There will be a new mailing address for you to use starting September 1.)
- Businessolver manages our new platform, Benefits Service Center, and billing and payment of Under-65 health plan premiums.
- This is an all-digital platform. That means instead of receiving a paper bill in the mail, you will receive an email notification that your bill is ready to view on the website. They’ll also send you reminders by email.
Here is the information you need to access your account and make payments on or after September 1.
New web address and Benefits Service Center phone number
- The new portal’s web address is myalliantenergybenefits.com.
- The Benefits Service Center phone number is 1-888-850-1799.
What you need to do the first time you go to the website
- Go to myalliantenergybenefits.com to register your account.
- When asked, our company key is alliantenergy.
- Provide your Social Security Number, zip code and your date of birth so they can verify your identity.
- Set up your username and password and answer your security questions.
- Log in using your new credentials.
- Review and update your contact information. Make sure it includes your preferred home email address. They need this to email you notifications and reminders.
Making payments online is easy!
Click Make a Payment on the Online Payment widget on the home page. You can submit a one-time payment or set up recurring monthly payments.
Payment by mail
You may also make a payment by mailing a physical check, made payable to Alliant Energy.
Send your payment to:
Alliant Energy Corporate Services, Inc (c/o Businessolver, Inc.)
ATTN: COBRA Administration
PO Box 850512
Minneapolis, MN 55485-0512
Watch your mailbox for an important newsletter that announces the changes and contains new payment information. You can also view the PDF version of the newsletter.
2023 Medical Premiums
As an Alliant Energy Employee with 10 years of service after age 45, you are eligible for Alliant Energy Early Retiree Medical Benefits. Eligible members will pay one of the rate categories listed in the Medical Rate Chart below: In Contract, Out of Contract or Total monthly cost.*
How do I know if I am “in contract” or “out of contract”?
In contract rates apply if the retiree meets the requirements outlined in the In contract chart below for their specific group.
Out of contract rates apply for the following:
- Non-bargaining retirees hired prior to 12/25/2005
- Retirees eligible for the medical subsidy who retired prior to the current bargaining unit contract.
- Retirees that are part of a union group not listed in the in contract chart
Total Monthly Cost (unsubsidized) rates apply to:
- Non-bargaining employees hired after 12/25/2005
- Bargaining unit employees with a hire date on or after the date listed in the “1) Hired prior to” column of the in contract chart below
|PLAN TYPE||2023 TOTAL MONTHLY COST||2023 IN CONTRACT* MONTHLY RETIREE COST||2023 OUT OF CONTRACT* MONTHLY RETIREE COST|
Employee plus one
2023 Dental and Vision insurance
You and/or your spouse and dependents are eligible for dental and vision insurance until age 65. Dental insurance is administered through Delta Dental. Vision insurance is administered through VSP.
Eligible retirees will pay the retiree monthly cost in the dental and vision plan rate charts below.
Dental Plan design and cost share of rates differ for groups based on contractually agreed upon components. You can access your specific plan design online at www.deltadentalwi.com or by calling Delta Dental Customer Service at 800-236-3712.
Please note: Total Monthly Cost will apply if you have Access Only early retiree coverage (not eligible for company subsidy).
ALLIANT ENERGY DENTAL PLAN RATES – RETIREES UNDER AGE 65
|Name of Group at Retirement||2023 Total Monthly Cost||2023 Retiree Monthly Cost|
|Retiree + Spouse||$94.08||$23.52|
|Retiree + Child(ren)||$85.13||$21.28|
|Alliant Energy vision plan rates – retirees under 65 (all groups)|
|Employee Plus One||$14.30||$3.57|
In contract rates apply if you meet BOTH hire date and retirement date requirements outlined below:
|UNION NAME||1) HIRED PRIOR TO||2) RETIRED ON OR AFTER|
CRANDIC (All except United Trans Union)
|CRANDIC United Trans Union||12/25/2005||2/1/2019|
|IPL - IBEW Local 1439||7/2/2006||7/1/2018|
|IPL Local 204 Dubuque & Mason City||11/14/2008||10/1/2018|
|IPL Local 204 Emery Generating||12/25/2005||6/1/2019|
|IPL Local 204 - LARGE Group||1/6/2006||10/1/2020|
|IPL Local 949||11/14/2008||7/1/2018|
|WPL Local 965||6/1/2007||7/1/2019|
How to pay your premium
You will no longer receive a paper invoice in the mail. Instead, you will receive an email notification from the Alliant Energy Benefits Service Center that your invoice is ready to view. Go to myalliantenergybenefits.com to view your invoice and set up an electronic online payment.
Please see the information at the top of the page for instructions on accessing your account and paying your bills through the Alliant Energy Benefits Portal.
COVID-19: Health resources for retirees on our health plan
If you are a retiree who is under 65 and on our health plan, we’ve provided resources you can use anytime.
Free testing for coronavirus (COVID-19):
We’ve worked with our providers so that testing for COVID-19 is covered as a preventive procedure at no cost to anyone covered by the Alliant Energy health plan.
If there is a cost associated with the test, you or any member of your family covered under the plan can show your Anthem card. The provider will submit the claim to Anthem and the testing will be covered at 100%.
This telemedicine program allows you to visit a doctor face-to-face without ever leaving your home.
You meet the doctor online on your laptop, tablet or smart phone.
This lessens the potential of being exposed to colds, flu and COVID-19, that might be lingering in a waiting room.
It also provides access to therapists, psychiatrists and psychologists if you are experiencing behavioral health-related issues.
There are fees for these services. Go to livehealthonline.com to get started.