Our mission is “to deliver the energy solutions and exceptional service that our customers and communities count on – safely, efficiently and responsibly.”
Four principles make up our company vision and help us meet evolving customer needs in an ever-changing world.
- Innovative customer solutions
- Advancing clean energy
- Strengthening our communities
- Building a smarter, stronger power grid
How will we achieve our vision?
Through new strategies, new business initiatives and new thinking. We operate in an environment that is heavily influenced by legislative and regulatory decisions.
In order to advocate for policies that support our vision and meet customer needs, we must have high-quality relationships with public officials and educate them on the issues that matter to Alliant Energy and our industry.
How can you help?
By making your voice heard on issues that impact our industry!
- Register to vote.
- Understand the issues affecting our industry and discuss them with your friends and neighbors.
- Learn more about the political process, including how a bill becomes a law.
- Know who represents you at the federal and state levels and where they stand on the issues.
- Visit, send a letter, call or email your elected officials.
Contacting your legislators
Communicating with elected officials is important, especially with those who represent you directly.
In addition to your state senator and assemblyperson, every American has one U.S. representative and two U.S. senators who represent them.
Below are links to help you find your federal and state legislators.
What are some current issues our company is advocating on?
- Tax reform: Support comprehensive tax reform to reduce corporate rates and advocate for the continuation of wind production tax credits under the current phase-out schedule. Support fair transition rules for other credits we hold in order to benefit our customers.
- PURPA reform: Continue advocating for reforms to the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act (PURPA) mandate that requires our company to purchase renewable energy at above market rates. Our Iowa customers are spending 25%, or nearly $18 million more for wind energy than what we could purchase energy for on the wholesale market.
- LIHEAP funding: Support increased funds for low income home energy assistance (LIHEAP) to help limited-income customers manage their electric and heating bills.
- Infrastructure legislation: Monitor prospects for infrastructure legislation that could encourage the construction and deployment of electric transmission, distribution and gas pipeline projects.
- Cedar Rapids flood protection: Continue advocating for federal regulatory and legislative solutions, in partnership with the city, to secure $78 million in federal funds for flood protection.
- Renewable energy: Continue advocacy efforts to share the benefits of the safe and cost-effective integration of renewables.
- Grid modernization: Support policies that encourage the fair integration of distributed energy resources (DERs) and that improve grid reliability and resiliency.
- Employee safety: Advocate for policies that help promote employee safety, including legislation to better protect our workers in roadways.
- Economic development: Advocate for policies that support our efforts to help drive economic growth in our communities.
- Utility Regulation: Educate lawmakers and others on the benefits of Wisconsin’s current regulatory structure, including price stability, reliability and consumer protection.
- Alternative vehicles: Encourage incentives that support the adoption of electric vehicles (EV’s), compressed natural gas (CNG), and renewable compressed natural gas (RCNG) vehicles.
- Broadband: Support policies that increase broadband to ensure our customers have access to new technologies and to current and future energy management tools.
- Biodigesters: Collaborate with Business Development on efforts to develop economically-viable biodigester projects.