ConnectYourCare (CYC) replaces Your Spending Account (YSA) on January 2, 2020
After reviewing multiple vendors, ConnectYourCare (CYC) has been chosen to replace Your Spending Account (YSA). Several factors went into the selection process. Items at the top of our list included customer service, ease of use and portfolio of services offered.
Making things better
We’re excited about the improvements and expect they will make things better for you. For instance, the verification process will be easier. CYC's system tracks medical and dental claims, so, in some cases, it will verify card swipes automatically if you're on our medical and dental plans (Anthem and Delta Dental). We expect you will spend less time scanning and uploading documents.
What to expect next
- We sent a mailing the week of December 16 with information about the transition timeline and frequently asked questions.
- A new CYC debit card was mailed to you the last week of December. The card will be activated January 2. You can request additional cards after January 2 through their website.
- Your YSA card will no longer be active and the YSA website will shut down on December 31.
- You will need to register for an account on the CYC website (connectyourcare.com/alliantenergy). You can also download the myCYC app for your mobile device.from the Apple Store or the Google Play store. CYC customer service will open January 2. You can reach them at 1-844-881-0130. The call center is open 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
- YSA customer service will remain open until January 31, 2020 to help you with outstanding 2019 claims. You can reach YSA customer service at 866-303-1891.
(Click to view full size)
Frequently Asked Questions
Open or download this PDF for answers to frequently asked questions.
Mailing (week of December 16)
Watch this brief video we posted on YouTube about the switch to CYC and what you can expect.
|plan type||2020 total monthly cost||2020 in contract* monthly retiree cost||2020 out of contract* monthly retiree cost|
Employee plus one
*How do I know if I am “in contract” or “out of contract”?
Out of contract rates apply to:
- Non-bargaining retirees hired prior to 12/25/2005. If you were hired on or after 12/25/2005, you have access-only coverage at full premium cost.
- Union retirees eligible for retiree medical subsidy outside the bargaining unit contract.
- Union retirees whose group is not listed in the “in contract” chart below.
In contract rates apply if you meet BOTH hire date and retirement date requirements outlined in the chart below. (Click "In-Contract Rate Requirements.")
NOTE: If your status changes from “in contract” to “out of contract” due to a new union contract, your premiums will not change until January 1 of the following year.
|union name||1) hired prior to||2) retired on or after|
CRANDIC (All except United Trans Union)
|CRANDIC United Trans Union||12/25/2005||2/1/2019|
|IPL - IBEW Local 1439||7/2/2006||7/1/2018|
|IPL Local 204 Dubuque & Mason City||11/14/2008||10/1/2018|
|IPL Local 204 Emery Generating||12/25/2005||6/1/2019|
|IPL Local 204 - LARGE Group||1/6/2006||10/1/2017|
|IPL Local 949||11/14/2008||7/1/2018|
|WPL Local 965||6/1/2007||7/1/2019|
How to pay your premium
If you do not have a pension or chose a lump-sum payout for your pension, you will receive coupons from the Benefits Service Center. You can pay your premiums with the coupons or set up automatic withdrawal from your checking account.
If you are receiving a monthly pension payment, your monthly premium will be withdrawn from your pension payment.
Dental and vision insurance
You and/or your spouse and dependents are eligible for dental and vision insurance until age 65. Dental insurance is administered through Delta Dental. Vision insurance is included in the medical plan through Anthem.
Eligible retirees will pay the Retiree Monthly Cost in the Dental Plan Rate chart below under the Bargaining or Non-Bargaining group that you were affiliated with when you retired. If your union group is not identified in the Dental Rate chart, the Non-Bargaining cost will apply.
Dental Plan design and cost share of rates differ for groups based on contractually agreed upon components. You can access your specific plan design online at www.deltadentalwi.com or by calling Delta Dental Customer Service at 800-236-3712.
Please Note: Total Monthly Cost will apply if you have Access Only early retiree coverage (not eligible for company subsidy).
ALLIANT ENERGY DENTAL PLAN RATES – RETIREES UNDER AGE 65
|Name of Group at Retirement||2020 Total Monthly Cost||2020 Retiree Monthly Cost|
Dental WPL Local 965
|Employee Plus One||$84.79||$25.44|
|Dental IPL Locals 204 DBQ & Mason City AND Local 949|
|Employee Plus One||$65.90||$16.48|
|Dental IPL Local 204 Large Group|
|Employee Plus One||$65.92||$16.48|
|Retiree Dental Plan - Non Bargaining|
|Employee Plus One||$87.32||$21.83|
Health Advocate benefit
Health Advocate is a benefit available to you. Health Advocate can help you navigate the complex healthcare system. Use Health Advocate to:
- Find a doctor in-network
- Review costs for procedures
- Aid in the claim appeals process
- And much more!