Last week’s derecho that swept across Iowa left more than 240,000 of our customers and communities without power. Hurricane-force winds left a path of destruction across the state.
Hundreds of our low-income customers will struggle to get power to their homes even after Alliant Energy has fully restored communities. Many customers had extensive damage to the weatherhead, conduit or other equipment that must be repaired by the homeowner to get reconnected. Individual repairs will easily top $1,000 each.
We know Alliant Energy retirees live our company values daily – always taking time to Make things better and Care for others. Will you help our most vulnerable customers and neighbors in Iowa with a donation to Project ReConnect?
- Project ReConnect is partnership with three Iowa nonprofit organizations that will assist our low-income customers who can’t afford the expenses of getting reconnected. All funds raised will be distributed by the nonprofits directly.
- Alliant Energy Foundation is stepping up with a special 2:1 matching gift opportunity for Project ReConnect.
Here’s how you can help?
Make an online credit/debit card donation through our website: aegivesback.com
- Select the Project ReConnect organization of your choice and make your credit/debit card donation. Your gift will automatically be matched.
- Standard credit card processing fees will apply.
- Your gift will go directly to the participating organization you selected.
- All donations to the program should be processed by credit card through our site. We are not able to take checks.
The Foundation will automatically triple your gift. You don’t need to request a matching gift.
- The Foundation will provide a pool of matching dollars ($2 for every $1 donated by employees and retirees). This match pool will be distributed to the three Project ReConnect organizations based upon need, up to $250,000 total. Any excess funds will be used to support additional disaster relief efforts.
- Matched Gifts will not count against your annual $3,500 matching gift limit.
- Please do not submit a matching gift request on aegivesback.com when you make a credit/debit card gift through our site.
What organizations are participating?
The following organizations are participating in Project ReConnect. Only these organizations qualify to receive your online gift and the 2:1 matching funds for this program.
- Community Action of Eastern Iowa
- Mid-Iowa Community Action
- United Way of East Central Iowa
If you have questions about Project ReConnect, please contact the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1-866-769-3779.