At Alliant Energy, we’re here to provide reliable energy service to those who count on us most. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, we’re working differently and thinking of our employees, customers and communities every step of the way. This includes our valued retirees. We will be sure to stay connected with you and power through this together.
Stop by this page for future updates and news, as they become available. Please stay healthy and safe!
Sharing our story with our customers
David de Leon and Terry Kouba on how we’re #PoweringThruTogether
As we continue #PoweringThruTogether, David de Leon and Terry Kouba, Senior Vice Presidents – Operations, shared with our customers how we at Alliant Energy are working in new ways.
In op-ed pieces published in local Wisconsin and Iowa papers, they highlighted how we Live safety. Everyone. Always. to ensure the lights stay on and the gas keeps flowing for our customers during the pandemic.
They also shared our efforts to Make things better through donations to the Hometown Care energy assistance fund and local organizations that have been instrumental in helping our customers during these difficult times.
"How can I help?"
During times like these, it’s in our DNA to ask, “How can I help?”
Alliant Energy Retirees are known for the ways you give back to your communities – making the most of our Volunteer and Matching Gift programs. But we need to be careful about how we respond to COVID-19.
Our Foundation has talked with nonprofit leaders to understand what they need. The answer has been simple: cash. The best thing we can do is give them the financial resources they need to do their finest work.
Want to support COVID-19 relief efforts? Make a gift directly to the organization of your choice on aegivesback.com – and get it matched by the Foundation.
- Select your organization
- Make a credit/debit card donation of $50 or more
- Request a matching gift
Now’s your time to shine!
Each retiree can get up to $3,500 of tax-deductible gifts matched by the Foundation each year. Full details and FAQ on our Matching Gifts program are available on the Retiree website.
Where should I give?
It’s your gift. It’s your choice. Think about food pantries, health organizations or other groups working on the front lines. But you might choose a local organization that has been forced to close its doors during this time. They need our help too.
As a company, here are some of the organizations we’re choosing to support. Recently, we announced $100,000 of initial funding to support relief efforts of these groups.
- American National Red Cross (Iowa or Wisconsin)
- Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin
- Food Bank of Iowa
- Hawkeye Area Community Action Program
- Northeast Iowa Food Bank
- River Bend Food Reservoir
- Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin
- Local United Way organizations
If you have questions or need any help with your gifts, please contact us at email@example.com.
Thank you for giving back to our communities during these trying times.
COVID-19: Health resources for retirees on our health plan
If you are a retiree who is under 65 and on our health plan, you have some resources available to you through our health plan offerings.
- Free testing for coronavirus (COVID-19): We’ve worked with our providers so that testing for the virus is covered as a preventive procedure at no cost to anyone covered by our health plan. Be sure to present your Anthem Card.
- LiveHealth Online: This telemedicine program allows you to visit a doctor online, lessening your exposure to colds, flu and COVID-19. It also provides access to therapists, psychiatrists and psychologists if you are experiencing behavioral health issues. There are fees for these services. Go to livehealthonline.com to get started.
- Health Advocate: This is a free service that helps you navigate your health care, find providers and compare costs. Go to healthadvocate.com/alliantenergy to get started.
Please go to the under 65 section under Benefits and Pension Info page for more information.